Friday, September 30, 2011

Whose kid is this?

The child I swore I would never have...My little rugrat, Lulu.

I always used to judge people with the unkempt kids. You know the ones with snot, food, koolaid, mismatched clothes, etc. Now I have one. My Lulu is...how do you say...strong-willed. I prefer to say feisty (I have also heard people call her spicy, decisive, and naughty just to name a few). My mom calls her EmmaJean (As in a Herdsman from The Best Christmas Pageant Ever).

In this picture, she is wearing an undershirt with chocolate stains and Hello Kitty rain boots. Her hair is a tangle of the finest, most easily breakable, nothing-colored hair with her bow cast aside hours before. She is doing a "statue" pose on the driveway.


I love every bit of her and have chosen to pick my battles (and if you've met her, you know this is not a major one). sigh. Maybe Teddy will be my "perfect" child...

I would like to publicly apologize to all of the moms I have have judged, looked down my nose at, and KNEW I would never be like.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

HAHA I hear you on this one!! I too was so very judgmental... and now do pretty much all the things I was so judgmental about!!!!!!!!!