Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Big Baby

Today I went in for my 30 week appointment, and apparently I am 30 weeks 2 days (I guess I better inform floating baby widget, huh?). Everything is great.

Lee asked when we got our next ultrasound. I told him that since everything was fine, we didn't need one, so one wasn't scheduled. Lee said that the ladies at his office had been asking him about bringing in a picture. So we asked and sure enough, we had a brief ultrasound before we left the office.

Strangely enough, Lee's little sister is an ultrasound tech (do you notice any trends in my in-laws' occupations?), so she fired up the machine and took a few pictures and measurements. The baby currently weighs 3lb7oz. Its head is measuring at 32 weeks, and everything else is measuring at 31 weeks. The bottom left picture is a yawn (which it did a number of times during the ultrasound). I thought it looked more like it was sticking its tongue out at us.



Please excuse my first ever attempt at scanning. I know, I know..."welcome to the 90's" (I am only a few years behind the times).

12 comments:

mini and brother said...

SO cute!!!
I'm in love!

Mikele said...

I cannot wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's cute. What an amazing gift. (sorry, ultrasound pics make me emotional...sniff, sniff)

Kers said...

I saw them live last night and there are quite a few Sorensen traits especially the noggin size. She is beautiful - definitely a girl face I think. :)

Kers said...

Oh and the emotional part - I agree with Tara. Just seeing that sweet little 3D face! Can't wait to cuddle that sweet little blessing!

Kiki said...

So cute. Those are amazing.

khuck said...

Karoline-- that almost made me jump on the baby train for #2. Almost. "It" looks beautiful...makes it more real, doesn't it?

Kate

Brenda Rae said...

I want to be pregnant so that I can have a cute picture like that! I'm not so excited for you and the big head baby!

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Glad to hear and see that your baby is doing great! He/She is so cute! That cute head should make for an exciting exit!!!

Sarah said...

Karoline, that's amazing!!! He/she is a great size for 30 weeks. Thanks for the pictures.

Mindy said...

What a cutie already!

Carrie said...

I love babies with BIG HEADS! VERY CUTE!!!