Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm Thirty and Fabulous** (or something)

** Thanks to Maggie for the title.

So, I am officially in my 30's. I don't feel any older except when I have to say it out loud.

Reasons I know I am getting older:
~I look forward to receiving my Redbook more than my Glamour each month (I even cancelled my Cosmo subscription this past year)...
~when I reference college, 10 years ago is not an exaggeration...
~when I talk to my friends on the phone, we talk about mortgages and life insurance (AKA we have gotten boring)...
~I like Gap's "essential jeans" because they have a slightly higher rise...
~my two classmates who had babies when we were all in 8th grade now have kids who can drive cars...
~I have former students who have graduated from college...

I could go on and on, but as the title suggests...I am still fabulous (although not right now; I am still in my pajamas and slippers). I wonder what will happen in the next decade. Maybe that should be tomorrow's post.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You are definitely fabulous!! Do you realize that we met ten years ago?!?! Yikes now that's a scary thought :)

Anonymous said...

So...are you also working on your eyesight? Maybe it's because I'm 31 that my eyes were straining to read that post.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Kers said...

No pic of the beautiful balloon gift :)