Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Naples Part 2

Lee was a little tired after our boat ride/lunch/shopping trip. He wanted to sit on the balcony, but it was too cold, so he took a little nap in the sun on the floor of our room.
Saturday morning we had some breakfast and then decided to hit the beach before it got too busy. I decided to document the views from my chair. This was my friend, Obadiah. We hung out. He never strayed very far from our chairs.
Lee had a burnt ear and neck and his silly wife forgot the sunscreen. He improvised.
A very confident man taking pictures. How could I pass up the photo op, right?


Part of our fun trip included our choice of spa treatments. I chose the Milk and Honey Body Wrap. First the lady exfoliated me from ankle to neck with warm olive oil and sugar. They she rerubbed me with warm honey. They she poured warm milk over everything and wrapped me like a burrito with warm towels and then plastic wrap. After fifteen minutes they showered me down with overhead bar with 6 shower heads. It felt wonderful and I was silky smooth afterward...but I also was rubbing honey and sugar granules out of my hairline for awhile afterwards. Lee got a hot stone massage. I am sure it was wonderful, but nothing like mine...
On our last morning I was standing on the balcony taking in all of the sights and sounds and a dolphin was about 15 feet away from the shore swimming around.
It takes a guy secure in his manhood to carry a breastpump through the airport.


Everything was terrific, but I was ready to come home and hug my girl.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

sounds dreamy...and i love that you took a picture of the man in the tiny trunks.

Sarah said...

Fun fun!! I'm looking forward to the pictures when you take Lulu to the beach for the first time :)

Mikele said...

I'm jealous. Of everything but the burnt neck.

Maggie said...

while i enjoy your attempts to make the rest of us midwesterners feel depressed by showing us your beautiful vacation photos, i have had enough. where are some pictures of your girl? surely she has grown and changed immensely since you left and we want updates!