Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sassy

This morning I started a new Bible study at church. I dropped my girl off in the nursery and she was not really happy about it. She does a great job on Sunday mornings, so I wasn't worried. When I came to pick her up, her eyes were all red and she was rubbing them. I asked the workers if she had cried the whole time and one of them said no just the last few minutes. She thought she knew what triggered it...

Apparently when all of the kids were eating snack around the table, one kid asked for his mommy. Worker Lady said,"Your mommy isn't here. She will come back later and pick you up. Until she comes back, I'm your mommy."

My girl thought about it and then looked at the lady and said, "You're not my mommy."

I asked if they were sure that is what she said. They said, "clear as day, she didn't even need to repeat herself."


Wow. Whose kid is she? I don't know where she gets her sassiness. I wish I could have been there to hear her.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

atta girl, Lulu! Sassy AND smart, just like her mama :)

Kiki said...

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the lady said she's your mommy until your mommy comes back? I mean, she can take care of my kids, but be their mommy? I see why Lulu said that. And I'm proud of her.

I guess she struck a nerve!

mini and brother said...

Seriously, one of my favorite stories of all time. Smarty pants.

Maggie said...

I think she's ready to start watching Maury. She could learn some new material.

Robyn said...

I'm with Jen and Kiki. So strange! Glad Lulu knows what's up.