Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Adventures with Ali















That is her...isn't she pretty? So here is the story that MS (middle sister) made me promise to start a blog with:

When Nanny and I came to visit AZ in March, all I wanted to take home was a nice purse to carry everyday. So on the final day of our trip, MS made me stand in front of the gates at Last Chance (FYI LC is a crazy store that resells all of Nordstroms' returned merchandise in varying states of use) for two hours. I stood there making friends (or so I thought) with the other early birds and pretending I knew what I was doing. For those of you that don't know, I am not the most assertive nor the most aggressive person. One of the regular customers was trying to "help" me score the purse I wanted and could see through the gated door. To abbreviate, I did not get the purse I wanted. The regulars must have known something MS and I did not.

In the end, I walked away with the purse displayed above minus a brass turn lock. When I returned to Iowa, I called Coach customer service and told them that my coach purse had a broken clasp. They asked if there was a Coach store nearby and I told them that I had gotten it in AZ visiting my sister. he told me to send it in and it would be back in 4-6 weeks. So it got repaired and I didn't even have to lie.

On a related note, I was in Minnesota a couple weeks ago for a wedding and went to the Coach store there. The sales people could not get enough of me. One lady greeted me and said, "I love your Ali tote," and then (I kid you not) she petted my purse. It was more like a loving caress, but it still made me want to turn around a leave. While i was looking around, she mus have shown my 15 different items. Who knew that the Ali tote was my key to getting sales people to talk to me? It was a little awkward, but I laughed inwardly the whole time.

I would like to especially thank my personal blog photographer, OS (older sister), for all of her help. Without her, I wouldn't be half the blogger I am today...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is there no mention of the pricing?

Blog Stalker said...

Ali retails for $500 and I got it for $79.97. Thanks you for asking.

mini and brother said...

That guy sure was nice, the one who buys things to give to his employees at his dog treat business...?!!? Come on...
Ali is sure pretty. When you're done I'd like it.

Anonymous said...

Your story gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, someday I'll have a successful visit to LC. Thank you.

Brenda Rae said...

Your blog has given me entertainment every time I read it! Thanks for the good laughs.

Kers said...

So glad to be known at OS and not BS :)

Mikele said...

Oh, all the abbrevs are killin' me! I wish I was even slightly cool enough to be seen with a Coach. Or anything that's not from Target, anyway...

Rachel said...

Hello! I'm Rachel, one of your sister's friends. Don't mean to be a blog stalker, but I have to say, as an obsessive Coach fan...I'm jealous of your ability to score one @ Last Chance. I have never been able to get anything good there. Probably because I don't wait in line. :-( Nice to 'meet' you!