Tuesday, January 22, 2008

florida

Our first day of soccer dawned dreary and misty. The girls and their parents were in good spirits ready to play and defend their 7th seed.

Although the Iowa Ice (the team name) did not perform as well as they have in the past nor as well as Coach Lee had trained them to play, they had fun. As it turned out, we had to play the number one seed (and 3 time defending champs) in the first round of bracket play. For all of you non athletes, let me translate, "we lost and and were done early."


In happier news, two of my children have begun to nap together. This makes me smile. I think Lord Helmet has a slight crush on Petunia. Tuni laid down to take a nap and soon enough, Helmet was there to curl up and nap with her.

Even if you don't like animals or used to love your animals, you have to admit they look cute sleeping together...

Also, I haven't thrown up since the 14th! Hurray! Thanks for the prayers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I STILL love my dog, even of I don't let her lick me on the mouth.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

And while I can never get tired of seeing pictures of dogs and cats sleeping together...I think they are just clinging together for warmth...what is the temp there in IA, -45?

mini and brother said...

I hate pets. Welcome back from Florida.

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

I love Katie's posts she is a crack up!! Welcome back to Iowa's freezing temps...per Becky Fab!!

Mikele said...

If you're this pleased about your pets sleeping at the same time, just wait until your human ones do. It's heaven.

Kiki said...

They are so cute.

And true, true Mikele!

Kers said...

Maybe Tuni will let the babe cuddle with her next winter. He'll need the warmth if you don't decide to turn your heat up :)