Thursday, October 16, 2008

I broke her first.

So I have always wondered whether Lee or I would be the first one to break the girl. It was me.

The other morning she and I were chatting and I noticed a scratch on her cheek. So when we were getting dressed, I grabbed the clippers. I clip her nails about twice a week because they grow so stinking fast; so I am pretty much a pro at it. I found the offending nail and squeezed down on the clippers. I realized that I didn't hear the click of metal cutting nail and looked at her. She wasn't crying and didn't seem upset. About 10 seconds later, the lower lip came out and then the wail. I looked the finger and saw blood.

I am not so good with blood, so I just followed my instincts. I scooped her up and put her finger in my mouth (probably not very sanitary, but I didn't even think about it). She only cried for about 30 seconds and then she was fine. Unfortunately, the bleeding did not stop after 30 seconds. I kept trying to put pressure on it, but every time I looked or she grabbed my fingers, it would start bleeding again. I ran to the bathroom to get another Kleenex, and when I came back, I looked at her she had blood on her leg and her belly. She must have been wriggling around and accidentally painted her body with blood.
I tried to make a bandage with a small bandaid and some medical tape, but she got it off about 2 minutes.
I had to use a normal bandaid and medical tape, but it stayed on. She chewed on it most of the day and it looked much worse then it was.

Have I ever mentioned at the my husband is a hypochondriac? I sent him a picture message of her poor finger with my cell phone and he responded by texting, "The bleeding doesn't seem to be stopping very quickly. Do you think she has a clotting disorder?" I mean really, Lee. Can you imagine if he would have broken her first?

I am not sure where this outfit came from, but I thought she looked like a tiny, flamboyant matador. She just needed a red cape. Ole.
I tried to tell her not to wear white pants after Labor Day, but she just didn't listen.


7 comments:

Mikele said...

She looks like she should be hanging from the ceiling of one of Cheech and Chong's cars.

Kers said...

From a fancy boutique in Edina from Barbara and Heatherlou for HaddieLouLou :)
(Glad a stitch was not needed by the way)
It was so great to squeeze that squishy body again today. Thanks for being a good aunt and cousin :)

Kers said...

There's a white shirt with a fuzzy butterfly that goes with it too.

Sarah said...

She doesn't look too broken up about the finger... it probably hurt you worse than it hurt her. :) Our first blood was a busted lip... so sad!!!!! Fortunately, Scott's the opposite of Lee "oh she's fine, there's barely any blood" as blood comes pouring out of her mouth :)

Kiki said...

She is so cute! And getting so big.

Maggie said...

It's good for her to start getting some scars so that she can develop some street cred.

Anonymous said...

I would like to echo kiki@seagulls etc.: She is so stinkin' cute. And I haven't gotten a Lulu fix lately...busy tomorrow?!?