Monday, January 26, 2009

End of an Era

I know, I know...I am a dork. I started working for the Gap in November 1998, but I have loved it far longer. I have so many memories of my time there. I made so many friends.

Today was our Gap's last day. It is being replaced by Barnes and Noble. Sad.

Nanny and the girl and I went to pay our last respects. Of all the years I worked there, they wait until I have a baby girl to dress to close. Dang it.

I don't think she realized that it was a time for mourning. Maybe she just hasn't perfected her sad face yet.

So long, old friend.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Karoline! I feel your pain. Such cute pictures of Lulu though! By the way... have you seen "Waitress"... Keri Russell names her little girl Lulu in the end... ANYWAY - does it make you feel better that I have to do all our shopping online because the closest Gap is over 1 1/2 hrs away?!?! Love you :)

Kers said...

Love your ODE to the GAP

Maggie said...

oh the gap, i remember a certain very helpful employee teaching me to by pants in the right size there instead of a few sizes too big.

Robyn said...

Could you commute to Coralville? I'll meet you there. Someday.