Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Phewy

We made it out alive. The funniest part:

I made sure the girl took a good nap so she would be nice. I got her fed an hour in advance so she would be less likely to spit up. I got her dressed and myself dressed and then packed up her bag and we were off. As I got to the sidewalk on the other side of the street, I realized that I hadn't put on any make up.

So...standing there carrying a nearly 20 pound baby and freezing my butt off, what do I do? I can't turn around and go home and I can't stop there and put some on (it isn't like I wear a lot, but a little powder and lip gloss never hurt anybody). So, I just kept walking. Oh well. I guess the bad habit of applying make up while I drive finally caught up with me. Dang. God found a way to humble me before I even got there.

But it was fun and easy. Only an hour. Phew.

And I am not going to lie to you. I am currently enjoying a caffeine-free Coke with grenadine as a reward for my bravery and getting out of my comfort zone.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

coke with grenadine? you earned a better drink than that.

Sarah said...

I love you, Karoline! This makes me miss you all the more. :) I want a playdate with you and Lulu. Our house is crazy anyway... and there's surely no makeup on my face pretty much EVER... so there would be no reason to get nervous. :) Too bad it would just be about 20 hrs driving both ways :(

Mikele said...

I might have gone back home, but one, I don't live where it's freezing and two, I must look a lot worse without it than you do.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

I would have used the baby's formula powder and applied it to my face just before ringing the door bell. I would then look like A)the most creative, amazing mother...or B)A pale, cakey-faced idiot who...once I started sweating...would smell like sour formula powder.
Your idea was better. Let her love you for your innards. :-)

Unknown said...

I am dying over here, absolutely dying. And the post below about you having issues? I seriously have thought you seem pretty put-together...so it's nice to know!

Robyn said...

These are my favorite two posts you have ever done. Ever. Cracking up right now.