Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I have issues...

I just thought I would throw that out there in case anyone thought I was normal or had it all together.

I tend to be a hermit by nature. I always joke that really just have 2 friends and that is all I want or need; any more than that is just hoarding (which by the way is a topic for another post...). I know that I am a grown up and it is time to act like it.

I also have stalker tendencies. That is how I got the name blog stalker. I like to look at other peoples blog, but not comment so it is like I was never there. I also joined facebook. Yet another tool to stalk people. I like to look up people's criminal records. I like to look up how much people's homes cost. Why? I don't know. Like I said, I have issues.

All this to say, I have a "playdate" tomorrow and I am nervous. It may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is to me. I am perfectly content to hang out by myself (with the girl, of course), but I know I need to make friends with the neighbors. We have lived in our house 2.5 years and we know our neighbors enough to say hello, but nothing more than that. So... there are a lot of things I could tell you about the girl across the street (hey BJF, if you are reading this, shhhhh), but very few I have found out from her. I know it will be fine once we are there, but it is the anticipation that kills me.

So, anyway...tomorrow we are meeting at her house to let our kids play. I am nervous and it is definitely a stretch for me, but I will try my best. I will even act surprised if she tells me about her 3 speeding tickets (seriously, what is wrong with me?).

6 comments:

Sarah said...

hmmmm.. How can I look up how much people paid for their house... No, seriously.

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, we are a lot alike (about the hermit thing, not the snoopiness thing...well, I might be snoopy on other issues, not your particular ones). Your oldest sister still invites me to large crowd events and I believe she is a little puzzled when I say, "Can't you and I just meet at Carlos instead?"

Enjoy your playdate...it's how I came out of my hermit closet. A little bit anyway...

Mikele said...

I think some of it might run in your family. I've met Katie.

Maggie said...

I believe your snooping skills were finely honed in college when we would sit for an hour in the window in Marquis Hall and 'comment' on people outside without actually interacting with them? Those were the good old days.

Carrie said...

I love being a hermit! We live in Mayberry where everyone hangs out at the local coffee shop and mingles ... I prefer sipping a coffee beverage on my own front porch, with the curtains that I just bought so I don't have to see the neigbhor's house!!

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Okay...how much do you know about me? Have you looked me up in the AZ state courts system? Did you do a background check on me? You know my social security number don't you. You are crazy. And...I love you.