Monday, October 11, 2010

Horsey ride

A couple of weeks ago, we took a trip out to the farm for a horsey ride. For a couple of months, she has been obsessed with horses and riding on them. Every time she went to sleep she would ask for a story about a horsey ride. Eventually we decided just to take her out and let her try it.

Much to my chagrin, she loved it.

She was a little nervous at first, but watching her papa get the horse brushed and saddled and ready to go provided enough time for her to warm up.
He let her hold the reigns (I told her they are like a leash) and tell the horsey where to go.
She even got brave and wanted to go for a longer ride. They went along the trail between the field and the pasture.



Rounding the fence on their way back to us.
Our attempt at a self-portrait.

Lulu was distracted by four large dogs that also live on the farm.

Sorry Ladies, he is all mine. Try not to be too jealous.
Playing on the play set that her Nana and Papa put up this summer.
One last ride to put the horse back with his friends.
Stupid horses...scratching each others' backs with their teeth. I guess I should be impressed with their teamwork.



2 comments:

Maggie said...

Can I come to the farm for a horsey ride? I promise I can ride all by myself. She is so cute and it is really neat to be able to make those memories.
p.s. it's a good thing I am already married because that picture of your guy with the black socks!?! whew...

Sarah said...

oh my gosh, SO FUN! And the farm is just beautiful....... is that Lee's parents' farm?