Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cali Day Four-aka Saturday

Saturday was fairly uneventful. We had dinner with the group at Mastros. It was delicious. The was one of the appetizers that our table ordered. My poor pregnant stomach did not enjoy the smell nor the "shell bucket."
TP and Alisha
David (Lee's company's COO) and his wife Susan.
Key (His name is Key Weston K___ because he was conceived in Key West, Florida. Ew. Imagine having to think about that every time you wrote or saw your name) and Jill.
Lee and I. Notice my Shirley Temple was almost gone. Sad.

Never fear...I did not let the sight or sound of the crustaceans get the better of me. I still found room for the surf and turf (I had the filet and the lobster tail, and you'd better believe I said yes when they asked if they could de-shell my lobster).

On a funny side note, when all of our entrees were served, I asked for the salt and pepper. As I began to salt my steak, the top fell off of the shaker and the entire contents of the shaker emptied onto my steak. I tried to scrape some of it off to no avail. That could only happen to me. They took it back to the kitchen and "took care of it (I took that to mean rinsed it off with tap water and put it under a hot light for a minute, but who knows)."
My dessert:

4 comments:

Kers said...

Love how the whole trip revolved around fancy food :) Also - why no ticker for Baby Rosie? :)

Maggie said...

I have to confess that my brother once dared me to loosen the lids on the salt shaker at a restaurant and I did it. Now I feel terrible that it might have happened to a hungry pregnant lady...Sorry...

Sarah said...

I want some chocolate cake!

oh and I love that picture of you & Lee!

And Key Weston? Really? I mean I've heard of naming your kid after the location they were conceived. But really?

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

I'm crackin up that the Key Weston guy...If you name your babies after where they are conceived McKenzie would be Hilton Rae or Vegas Marie!! LOL