Sunday, January 9, 2011

I slept

Thanks for all of your prayers. I had a good day yesterday and good night last night. Yesterday I got removed from everything (catheter, IVs, and they even removed the port) and they let me shower. Yesterday morning we had plenty of visitors in the morning (Katie and Robyn, Papa Jerry, Nanny and Papa, the Harkers, Nana and Lulu and a smattering of hospital people to ask questions, poke, prod and check things), but I got to take a 1.5 hour nap during the afternoon. I was a new woman. Last night, Uncle Lance stopped by, as did Laine and Ben. I slept from 11:45pm-2am and 2:30-6:25am. I think I am ready for the day.

So, there are all of the details about my day, but more importantly, I think my emotions are starting to settle (not that a relapse is out of the question). I don't think I have shed a tear since the OR on Friday when they told me I had a healthy baby boy. As I type, I have a sweet little boy sleeping on my lap and a sweet bigger boy sleep on a cot next to me. Life is good and I am blessed.

And some pictures (they are limited because although I can see mt camera I cannot reach it to upload. Maybe if I remember, I will do it later.:



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Somebody looks like big Sis. CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Sarah said...

love, love, love, love, love!
He is PRECIOUS Karoline!
Something I truly don't know anything about - baby boys :)
I am soooooooooo glad you slept. Remember, if the nurse offers to take him so you can sleep, the answer is YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kers said...

SO thankful you had a restful night and ditto to SarahB :)

Mikele said...

I love his hair!!!!! Congratulations on both the sweet boy and sleep.

Yay!!!

Robyn said...

Oh he sure is cute!!! Congrats to you guys.