Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The teen years are going to be fun...

So here is the situation...

Lulu doesn't like to try new foods. She says she doesn't like them before she has even seen or tried them. Last summer we discovered that if we change the name of something we want her to try to a word she has never heard of, she will give it a chance. Last summer she wouldn't eat peaches, so Lee asked her if she wanted an apricot. of course she wanted an apricot.

For the past couple of months she has refused to eat pineapple. I think it is because the word "apple" is in there (which she legitimately has tried and doesn't like). So we asked her if she wanted an apricot and she did. We have done this a couple times, and it cracks Lee and I up. Last time Lee had me grab the camera. He said he wants to show it to her when she is a teenager and convinced she knows everything.


Obstinate child:

5 comments:

mini and brother said...

Mrs. Spice-ness. Can I just say... the apple doesn't fall far from a tree.

Kiki said...

I love her.

Maggie said...

My favorite part was "I love you Mom!"

Mikele said...

Just call everything "apricots" for a while I guess??

Mindy said...

I LOVE this! It reminds me of when Kristy was a little older than that and two girls in my swimming carpool introduced themselves with each other's names. I don't think she ever knew who was who.