Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hair Cut

So...last week I got my hair cut. As you all know it was well past, "she has such pretty hair," and on to "Boy, she has really long hair." With my head tipped back, my hair was well into my crack...never a good thing. So, I cut 6-7 inches off. It feels like a bob to me, but to most I know it is still considered "long hair." I have gone to the same hair stylist since I was a junior in high school. I have been faithful to Denis for 12 years and through three different salons. I would like to explain Denis to you all.

Denis is a fifty-five year old man who wears 30x32 pants (I know this because when I worked at the Gap he asked me if we had any more 30x32 black leather pants left). He only wears black, khaki or denim pants and only wears black or white shirts. He also has chin length high-lighted blond hair. Is he gay? you might ask, but alas he is not. He was the drummer for a rock'n roll band (in the second picture he is second from the left) from 1969-1976. He also has a 36 year old daughter, an 18 year old son, and two grandsons. If you could see this man, you would never believe it.

Denis is a man of few words. It almost makes me a little uncomfortable. I am glad my style doesn't need frequent visits or extended periods of time because he doesn't say anything at all. I will stay true to him as long as he has scissors in his hands, but his hands might be getting arthritic before too long.

I will leave you with this classic Denis story. My mom used to go to Denis, but has since moved up to the high end Cost Cutters salon. The following is a true story that happened to Nanny:

Nanny: Thanks for the haircut. Should I make the check out to the salon or to you personally?

Denis: You can make it out to Denis Bunce.

Nanny writing her check...

Denis: Denis is spelled like penis only with a D.

Nanny: oh...thanks...


Anybody want his number?

7 comments:

Kiki said...

um, yeah?

Kers said...

Exactly why I have had 5 hair people since Denis. Great hair just the 2 1/2 hours for a highlight and a cut were excruciating without the chit-chatty gossip. I should add that when I went to Denis we (Denis & I) had the same haircut :)

Brenda Rae said...

Picture of the new do???

Mikele said...

hee hee, penis...

Mindy said...

you crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mikele...

Anonymous said...

Great Blog.

so informative.