Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Best Covert Photgraphy Award

As you all know, I am a huge fan of undercover photography. It is a skill I am trying to hone. I promise to keep at it and try my best.

I have come across a picture that I cannot compete with... The subject is completely oblivious to the photographer. As a result, the subject is in its natural state and is unbothered by the thought of being photographed. The picture was actually taken by the aunt of the subject, and there was still not reaction. Someday the subject will be featured often on this blog, so let's hope it gets better at posing, huh?

The subject to which I am referring is...my baby! Yes, you read that correctly. Lee and are going to have a baby!
This picture is the baby's first picture. It is less than an inch long. We heard the heartbeat a couple of days ago. Do you see the black blob on the right? That is its brain beginning to form. I am definitely feel a 34 ACT score... We are not due until June 2008.

And yes, I am feeling sick. Feel free to laugh at this story:

Monday morning I got to school and I wasn't feeling so great. Second hour is my prep time and I was sitting at my desk when I thought, "I don't think I am going to make it to the bathroom." So I grabbed the garbage can and held it between my knees and threw up my chocolate protein shake that I had drank for breakfast. I felt much better after that. I chewed a piece of gum and then got ready for 3rd hour.

I was up in front of the students about halfway through 3rd hour when I glanced down at my white shirt. I saw a bunch of chocolate splatters all over. It looked like someone had sneezed chocolate all over me. It was gross. I started laughing to myself , but the students never noticed.

The moral of the story is not to bring an extra shirt to school; the moral of the story is to hold the garbage can closer to my chin.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Sorry you puked on yourself! It's just preparation for when your sweet little bean of a baby pukes on you someday and oh yes, it will hapen ;)
Praying for you!

Kiki said...

Yay!

I told Drew that story and started gagging!

I can't wait to be an aunt, again!

Anonymous said...

Nanny and Papa are thrilled!!! He/she looks like I can see wonderful Sorensen features:)

Mikele said...

Hooray and congrats! I know he or she will have THE. CLEANEST. NOSE. EVER.

Brenda Rae said...

Congrats! I can't wait for your stories and pictures -

mini and brother said...

Congrats Snaggle and Leeroy.
Can't wait to meet little Rosie or Reggie.

Anonymous said...

We're so excited for some Iowa cousins! Rosebud will be well loved :) Cousins Bubba and SBG

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can't wait to be an honorary aunt and teach your perfect little angel all kinds of naughty things...Love you! Mags

khuck said...

Karoline-- I happened upon your news on Kers' blog. CONGRATS! As a "survivor" of All DAY Sickness, as I called it, I'd be happy to pass on some make-it-through-the-day tips, if you'd like. Promise this time will be short-lived and will pray that the rest of your pregnancy is all happiness, eating!, anticipation and excitement like mine was.

Kate Huck Marschke

Kiki said...

Wait, I totally missed my opportunity to make a joke about you having s*x! You did it, eww!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I'm so happy for you and Lee. Mom told me while she was down in AZ....She wanted Katie to be able to tell me but we couldn't get it together!! I'm so happy for you both & I used to eat wheat thins to help with the pukey's and oh don't forget the heartburn.... Go to Sam's right now & buy the big container of Tums!! They will be your friend for life!!! GOOD LUCK & KEEP US POSTED!!

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Congrats! I am thrilled for you! I knew that's why you didn't eat those cookies you made....there could be no other explanation. I can't wait to see you blog your pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to call you back so we can continue being excited together (more fun than me being excited for you by myself). Instead I opted to be a blog stalker, which I knew you'd appreciate too. Let me know when you're ready for a copy of our play group schedule.

GMK

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.