Monday, November 26, 2007

Arizona Vacation Part Two

Our morning routine: Get up and meet at Paradise Bakery for some chippers.

Then make the trip north to visit the Phoenix shopping mecca of Last Chance. It is the birthplace of my dear Allie. This is the view of the store 15 minutes before it opens. Notice all of the people crowding to be the first ones in. I took a video of the manager's speech for those of you who don't believe it. I will post it later.

This is Katie modeling some of the finer merchandise the store had to offer. You may be laughing, but that stinking headband cost $165! I have no idea why either.

On the last night of our trip, Katie and I had to run a couple of errands. When we returned, this is what we saw waiting on the street corner. Please notice Junie's favorite toy being lugged along.

The trip was fun and action-packed. The funniest part was throwing up on the morning we left out. I threw up at Katie's house as we were walking out the door for the airport. I made it through the ticket line, security and then the gate. On the way across the tarmac I had to run to the nearest bushes and throw up again. Nanny wished that she had a camera and the poor security guard didn't know what to do with me. But Nanny and I made it safely home. We always love our time in AZ.

5 comments:

Kers said...

How about a chipper doggy-bag for the Big Girl? :) Love the puke stories. No one told me that one yet.

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

AHHH....I missed out on chippers and Diet Coke with the Criddle's....I'm bummed! maybe next time!

Anonymous said...

So glad you and Nanny could come and visit! Sorry about all the puking...that gets old after a while. Hopefully you will get past that soon :)

Kiki said...

I want a post about the deals found at Last Chance. Eh, maybe I don't, I usually just get jealous and try to figure out a way to fly to AZ just to go to Last Chance! Just kidding, I want to know!

mini and brother said...

Thanks for coming to AZ, maybe someday you could bring your spouse.