Friday, June 6, 2008

Change

I am not good with change. I can freely admit that. Today is the last day of school for this year (and quite possibly mine for awhile). I have students and colleagues that keep stopping in to hug me, a basket full of baby books given to us by the LA department, and a room full of memories that has to be packed up.

I know that I will absolutely love staying at home next year (and maybe the next 20). I have always known that when I had children that I want to stay home with them, but I can't help feeling sad that this chapter in my life in closing. I am getting a little depressed cleaning out my classroom.* I just finished my 7th year teaching and each thing I start to pack reminds me of certain kids and times. I haven't cried yet, but just looking at the bare walls is making me want to.

On a happy note, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. We had an ultrasound, and they estimate it to weigh about 6lb 10oz. They said everything looked good and should be routine. I am a little scared that it is only about 2 weeks away, but we are as ready as we will ever be.


*One of my most difficult freshman students (who just finished 11th grade) stopped in while I was typing to tell me that he got 2 C's and the rest were A's and B's and that he didn't fail a class the entire school year (I assure you that was not the case in 9th grade). He also was telling me about working this summer. It made me want to hug the little brat who drove me to my limit 2 short years ago.

5 comments:

Kiki said...

You made me want to cry! Change is difficult but fun. I can't believe the floating baby says 17 days! Aaaggghhh! I am so excited for you!

Sarah said...

PRECIOUS!! Karoline I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see pictures AFTER birth! :) Have you decided on natural vs c-section? Hope you're doing well. Rest as much as possible!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...it's the toughest transition I've had to make: sad for the end of school, estactic for the new baby and crazy mommy hormones to boot. "It" is precious!

Kers said...

SHE has such a sweet chubber face :) So glad you made it through the end of school and I do have so much empathy because I was so thankful not to know that my last day was my last day. It is a blessing to do my job every day but even though I chose it, it's still the hardest job too.

Carrie said...

That is the cutest face! Usually 3rd ultrasounds scare me a bit ... but what a cutie!!!