Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tea Party Shower

Yesterday Kerstin and Laine (Lee's sister) hosted a baby shower. Everything was wonderful and every detail was perfectly planned. We chatted, ate good food, played a game that Nanny won, had a sweet devotional, opened presents, and just had a fun time.


They hosted it at a local tea room. Right when I walked in I could see the cute decorations.


LuEllyn (Lee's mom), Laine, Kerstin, Big Mama, and Nanny posing.


We dined on desserts. I was having a difficult time choosing.


This was one of the tables. Notice the cute napkins, balloons and favors (thanks to Hank for helping put them together).

The other table.
Margaret Ann and Brenda, my friends from school. I think I am going to miss working more than I had thought. I am sure the little "it" and I can walk over and visit.

Margaret Ann is one of our school's counselors. I enjoyed her couch on many occasions during the first trimester and in the past couple of months I have enjoyed her stash of peanut M&M's (hidden in a bottom drawer in a Currier & Ives tin). So, she bestowed upon me a 56oz bag of my very own; perfect for helping to get the baby weight off...

Never too old (or too big) to sit on your mom's lap, right?
Maggie and I had to rub bellies. We lived together during college and now we are having babies together. Hers is due in September. She drove a couple of hours just to attend the shower.
I think I am all showered out. I guess that means it is time to have the baby.

5 comments:

mini and brother said...

Great shower. Looks really pretty. I love Maggie, wish I could have seen her.

Kers said...

Glad you mentioned that Nanny won the game! She's really not very competitive :) She was so proud.

Mikele said...

Oh, how gorgeous! Hank should go into business.

Sarah said...

first of all - you look adorable!
second - I wish I could've been there :(
third - WHAT THE CRAP YOU ARE ALMOST THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fourth - I love you :)

Kiki said...

I so wish I could have been there and rubbed bellies with you and Maggie! Looks like it was a lot of fun. And I doubt that bag of M&M's will last until after the baby is born, at least it wouldn't in my house!