Monday, September 6, 2010

Domesticated

As you all know, I have been driving my dream car for the past 3+ years. It is my baby. It is one of my loves. The time has come to be practical. Apparently European cars don't age well without a lot of love (aka money). So, we decided it was time to say goodbye to my sweet Volvo. I really loved that car. I might have shed a few tears...at the dealership...in front of our salesman...and the whole ride home...

We had to give it one last hug before our last drive.
Our new ride. It will hopefully serve us many years and keep us safe, and facilitate many fun family times.


Lee thinks we are like these guys now (I know it isn't a Toyota, but you get the idea):



and yes, in case you were wondering, I did cry again while writing this post...so what?

4 comments:

Kers said...

Pretty fancy and about the tears - I think it's kind of genetic. Too bad you're related to the rest of us :)

Mikele said...

You will love the minivan. Promise. Plus, I'd really like to see you and Lee do a rap video about it.

Unknown said...

ha! we just bought one, too. funny how you fall in love very quickly. and SO funny about the volvo. I love them too, just never had one! Ben Johnson drove one in high school and I thought it was the coolest car!

Sarah said...

oh bless. Good job, Karoline. By the way, you look FANTASTIC!