Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ice Storm 2007

Monday the forecasters were predicting a major winter storm. It was supposed to start with an inch of ice followed by 1-3 inches of snow. The ice part happened, but the snow part did not.

This is a birch that was bent all the way to the ground and blocked off the road, but at least it didn't break.


This is the tree in front of our house completely covered with snow and ice. It looks really pretty at night with the lights on.

As it turned out, school was cancelled for two days and power was down all over town. We didn't have power from about 11am until 5:30pm on Tuesday. I was starting to get a little chilly when the heat and lights came back on.

I am not sure if you can tell by the pictures, but all of the trees were covered with ice. It was gorgeous, but devastating to some of the trees. There were a lot of limbs down. Tuesday morning I was sitting in my living room and you could hear "crack" and I would look outside just in time to see the thud of a huge pine limb.

Nanny said this was her favorite picture and wanted to make sure the AZ sister got to see it.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First three pictures were red/pink x's...........:(

Nanny

Kers said...

Thanks for being the good daughter and get a shot of the berries. I forgot :(

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Cool Pics. I've never seen anything like it! It's amazing what a little frozen water can do. Glad you are safe and warm IA family! (Do you like how I've adopted myself as the 4th Criddle sister?) We should probably meet first to make it official.

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

I can't see the cool pictures they are all little red X's......oh poo!!

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Still little red x's.........What was deleted??

Nanny