Monday, December 17, 2007

Who your baby daddy?

So...today during 4th hour I was in front of a ninth grade LA class leading a class discussion. I had asked a question and a few hands were up, so I called on Meisha. Meisha said, "I am not sure if I am should ask this, but some of us in class were wondering...are you pregnant?"

So I got flustered but answered affirmatively. So then a boy in class said, "Who's the father?"

I said, "My husband."

He said, "Your husband is the baby daddy? I didn't even know you were married. Where's your ring?"

I held up my left hand and showed him. Then he said, "Does that even have a diamond? I can't even tell." How could I not laugh?

Then rest of the period I tried not to be flustered, but I kept thinking 'how did they know?' It could be my ever expanding mammaries or maybe my belly is starting to bulge. Isn't 12.5 weeks to early to start showing?

5 comments:

Kers said...

Glad someone asked before I had too - about the baby daddy :) Congrats Unca Yee!

Kiki said...

I can't wait to see you! Maybe they found your blog!

Brenda Rae said...

I consider that a brave student especially before the semester. I actually got that question with both my kids when we lived in STL. I think that I would like to see a side shot of the belly!

Anonymous said...

Having just seen you, trust me, you are not showing! You looked great...somebody has been leaking information.

Blog Stalker said...

Tara, you are my new best friend. Thanks.