Monday, December 3, 2007

Morning Sickness Alleviator

I finally found something to help with feeling crappy in the morning. It is called a 2 hour delay. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about; a 2 hour delay is one of those magical phrases that means school starts at 10am instead of 8am.


In theory, it gives the road crews time to make the streets more safe for parents and buses. For teachers, it allows us to have a slow morning. For example, I got up and was brushing my teeth when I heard about the delay, so I went immediately back to the warmth of my bed. I don't think i slept much after that, but I definitely didn't move from the bed until 8:30. Ahhhh. Also, classes go from 55minutes to 35 minutes. I wish we could have a delay everyday so I could teach when I felt okay and not when it is a struggle to hold my head up.

Hurray for bad weather! Keep it coming!

2 comments:

Brenda Rae said...

JEALOUS!!! Our superintendent doesn't believe in late starts or getting out or not coming - we lose instruction time she says!

Kiki said...

I want a late start to my day!