Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Baby Shower

I had my first baby shower last Saturday. It was wonderful. The two ladies who planned the even are Sara and Mary (dear friends and extra mothers to me).
Mary and Sara were so thoughtful (and they knew our baby room has a farm theme) and asked another lady from our church if we could have the party at her "home." Her "home" is pictured below. To me, it looked like a medieval castle, but it is actually a renovated horse stable that was used to house the horses for a nearby quarry. It was built in the late 1800's. It was beautiful. I couldn't imagine a more picturesque setting.
This is the view from the front door. It is of "the office," which was built the same year.
This was the view as I was pulling out of the driveway. A beautiful old church. All of the buildings were made from rock out of the local quarry more than 100 years ago.

I don't know how to enlarge the picture (sorry). This was one of the gifts. A lady from my Bible Study made this blanket for me. I received lots of wonderful presents.
All of the ladies watching me open gifts. As I opened them, they each told something they remembered about their firstborn or first birth. I learned a lot...
I think I am officially ready (as ready as I will ever be) to bring home a baby. Lee and I spent part of our holiday weekend setting up the baby room. I will take pictures soon.

3 comments:

Mikele said...

Oh, wow! That place is amazing.

I love the idea of sharing about their experiences while you open gifts - I'm totally stealing that one.

Congrats, Karoline!

Kiki said...

Wish I could have been there! Sound fun.

Take the ibuprofen that they give you every 4 hours religiously! And call the nurses to change the diapers at the hospital, you'll do it plenty at home! And, have monster pads on hand at home (for you, not the baby!).

Catherine said...

Karoline - This is Catherine Strode from Summit...congratulations on the baby! We had our first last October and it is so wonderful...you will be a great mom! I found you through Sarah Drake Bass and I'm so glad - lovin the blog.