Monday, May 19, 2008

Congratulations Lance!

In lieu of a traditional high school graduation party, Lance, Lee's little bother, had a "Come Watch Me Play Soccer" party. During the summer (he plays for the University of New Mexico during the school year), he plays for a PDL team called the Menace. The invitation list consisted of family members and Nanny and Papa. Before the game began, the announcer asked for all of the kids to come and form a human tunnel that the starting players run through as their names are announced. As you look at this picture, see if you can find a 65 year old, rather large kid wearing a purplish shirt near the center. Yep, Papa wanted in on the action.


Lance, the party's honoree, is the guy in red. I thought an action shot would be nice...

Lance signing autographs for all of the family members after the game.

Jackie, my partner in crime the South Dakota wedding and Lee's cousin, showing off her new Menace t-shirt and seat cushion.

After all of the soccer fun, the whole group went to the Cheesecake Factory to enjoy some dessert and conversation. These are the group shots. As a former waitress, I felt so sorry for our servers. trying to accommodate 29 people at a busy restaurant on a Saturday night.




Lee and mini-Lee...I mean Lance bonding at the end of the evening.

And, on our way out of town, I got to visit Mike, Maggie, Critter and Harvey. Which was, of course, the highlight of the weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

excuse me, but i think you forgot to mention the true highlight of your trip to des moines...

Kers said...

WHAT IS IT?!?!

Congrats to Lance! The little bugger has really grown up in 6 months :)

Blog Stalker said...

visiting Maggie...

Kiki said...

Wait, what did he graduate from? High school? I am so confused. But, congratulations for whatever it is you did, Lance.

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

Looks like a good time & I love it that Papa Gary got to par-take in the cool tunnel!! Wya to go Gar!!

Sarah said...

I am the odd one out with Ben's family. All 5 Berberich sisters are thin, trim and fit, while I, the sister-in-law hold the crown of chubbiest Berberich. I believe you are having a baby shower at my In-laws. Check the pics then!
Take faith in knowing that you are a wonderful addition to Lee's family.