Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rough Day

How would you feel if:
  • one of your students loudly exclaimed, "Man, you are huge...it happened, like, overnight. You weren't this big yesterday."
  • when you went in for your 34 week appointment, your father-in-law/OB told you that due to weight gain and swelling he would like to see you in one week rather than two?
  • the aforementioned OB also said to cut salt out of your diet (one your favorite foods).
  • your baby in utero is estimated to weight more at 34 weeks 2 days gestation than your niece weighed at birth.
  • at a restaurant with your husband, the hostess seating you shows you a booth and says, "Do you think you'll fit over there?"
  • while laughing so hard at the hostess's comment you lean over and put your head on your purse and the waitress comes up and says, "You aren't in labor are you? That would be a great story to tell later tonight..."
  • then when the two entrees arrive, your husband says, "They are both hers," and the server actually puts them both down in front of you!
Tomorrow is bound to be better, right?

11 comments:

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

OH MY GOSH...I HAVE TEARS ROLLING DOWN MY FACE FROM LAUGHTER...I TOTALLY FEEL YOUR PAIN ON FEELING AS BIG AS A BUS!! HAHA IT WILL GET BETTER, AFTER YOU HAVE THE BABY YOU FEEL SO SKINNY!! LOL

mini and brother said...

Oh Snaggle, these are all just the wonderful benefits of becoming a mother.
I guess PFChangs will have to wait.
Sissy was born at 36 weeks so you're almost done...maybe.
Maybe next time you should say you don't want a booth?! It's just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Why Snaggle? Is that a "private sister thing" or can I know? Just curious...

Kers said...

I say you sit at your desk all day long with your puffy feet propped up as you teach! Did your personal shopper make her purchases and clean out your pantry yet :)

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

At least your not an elephant...they are pregnant for 22 months. Oh, and they get PMS for 3-4 months at a time....come to think of it...I may have a little elephant in my gene pool....

Hang in their kitten!

Unknown said...

That's too funny! At least you were laughing too.

Kiki said...

yeah, the father in law, ob post is a post of it's own.

And um, i'm Andrew, I guess I was signed in under Drew. Sorry.

Also, a picture would go well with this!

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

My husband has to agree with Gross...but then again you all may not have a perverted father in law like mine!! ewww...I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!!

nealy said...

So...I'm not sure you remember me, but we met at Kristy and Drew's wedding (my husband is Kyle, who was Drew's groomsman). Kristy talks about you a lot, and I saw your blog on her site.

Oh my gosh, HILARIOUS post! I love it! =)

Sarah said...

It means you're getting REALLY close to the end! And that's exciting!

Seriously though... if everything I hear is correct... bigger babies sleep through the night MUCH more quickly. I am hoping our next one is gigantic and sleeps through the night from the beginning :)

I thought it was bad when people asked if I was expecting twins... which fortunately I was... but towards the end, I started getting asked if it was triplets. Hmmmmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

You looked beautiful when I saw you this weekend. You are one of those lucky basketball under your shirt pregnant people and anyone who says otherwise is on crack! By the way, a lady at work asked me today if I am expecting or if I have gotten fatter. When someone else told her that was really rude she said "Oh I knew she was pregnant, I was just joking." I had to remind myself that the management frowns upon the use of the middle finger.