Thursday, May 24, 2007

Girls' Club

This is the Girls' Club. You will notice that we are not all girls. Our little club began as a small break from the stresses of the school day. I would walk down to Jill's office and Brenda would join. Soon enough, Mr. Williams would poke his head in and asked if he could join the "Girls' Club." And so we were named.

We all have different roles in the building.



Jill is the school social worker. She is also out special ed consultant. Her office was the original meeting place (mostly because she has padded chairs). We had to move because we were too loud and people got suspicious when her door was closed.





Brenda is the school's activities/athletics secretary. She has a great view of the hallway. Everything that happens has to pas by her window. She is our hair and wardrobe expert.




Mr. Williams (Rick to most people) is the school's assistant principal. He was also my middle school gym teacher and tennis coach. He is our administrative connection. He offers the male perspective to whatever is on the agenda for the day.




The Girls' Club meets during 3rd hour (my prep time). We occasionally have agenda items, but most often we discuss whatever is on our minds. We had a little levity to a not always fun job. We can cry in front of each other (illnesses and job transfers). we have also had one outing. Our Sugar Daddy took us out for a Friday celebration.

The Girls' Club makes my day brighter. Thanks guys!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Karoline - you are quite the blogger!! I am impressed. But why is there no individual picture of you, or a description of what you offer to the group?

Kers said...

Boy the anonymouses are really giving you a hard time this week. How come I'm your sister and I've never heard of these people until now? (minus Mr. Williams)

Anonymous said...

Apparently it's part of the Secret World of Karoline. I hear rumors she's actually MARRIED... ;)

Brenda Rae said...

K- I have friends in STL that have found your page from stalking my links to kiki's and then to yours. They find you quite hilarious. At supper one of them brought up the booty blog.

Hummmm I think that every teacher has a "girls" club. I want you in my girls' club at my school!!!! You's be my fashion consultant!

Astraea said...

Very smart to have admin in the club. Makes those meeting look really official!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.