Monday, May 14, 2007

Prom

I was getting sick of looking at the back of my head (I am sure you all echo my feelings), so I decided to update. This update is not about me, but something I think we can all laugh at...I helped with my high school's prom on Saturday. The part I helped with was fairly uneventful. When I got to school this morning, I heard all sorts of stories from the happenings after I left:

Apparently at the dance, which was held at a local country club, several students were breathalyzed and parents were called. It all began when I country club employee noticed that a car's dome light was illuminated and when to get the license plate number so they could announce it and the batteries would not wear down and leave a couple stranded. When the employee looked at the car, he noticed that a full minibar (ice, booze, mixers, shakers etc) was set up in the backseat. When they located the student who drove the car, he and his date had to talk to the police along with several of their friends.

In the end, eight people were sent home with their parents and suspended from school, and school activities. A couple of the students are going get kicked out of the National Honor Society (one of them has already been kicked out due to previous offenses earlier in the school year) and one of them is a tennis player who was supposed to compete in the substate qualifying meet on Thursday.

I hope we have all learned a lesson here...if you are going to drink at prom, turn off your dome light so your minibar doesn't get spotted.

2 comments:

Kers said...

Lions - you are hysterical! I'm glad my dome light didn't work when I was in high school. I was fortunate to get the headlights turned on.

Brenda Rae said...

Man that beats the pot that was brought to middle school last week!!!