Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mario and Luigi

**Special thanks to Kerstin for the use of her camera.**

This is the outside of our house:
This is the inside:



These were the problem pipes. You see how they are so neatly wrapped with foam and electrical tape. The actual copper pipe was not being held together by much at all. Good thing they added the padding.





This is my crabby plumber reenacting the scene of which I so badly wanted to take a picture.

So, the plumber came to our house Wednesday morning to fix the pipe. He resoldered the two pipes and explained why there was wrapping around it. Apparently pipe tend to freeze in Iowa, especially pipes located within inches of windows. Now I feel like a jerk for assuming the previous owners took shortcuts when making repairs.

On a side note, the kitchen faucet is still inoperable. Lee said he didn't want to ask the plumber to do it, but in hindsight he wishes he had. I guess that is another blog for another day. Until then, I must wash dishes in the basement and endure a horrible smell emanating from my garbage disposal and drain with no water to cleanse it and wash it down. Thanks goodness for candles.

Also, here is a picture of Miss Petunia wondering what her mother was doing on the front lawn:

PS Don't you all think that the front door should be painted back to match the shutters?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house is so great and I love the front yard. Gives me a little bit of distaste for the sea of stucco and tile roofs we're swimming in down here ;)
Black door, definitely.

mini and brother said...

The lawn looks perfect!! So green!!
Leee looks like a stud. Sorry about the pipes. Paint that door before june 11th.

Mikele said...

I'm not going to say that I like the door now...

Brenda Rae said...

I like the door - a little contrast.

Anonymous said...

your brother in law could fix the sink and maybe even the garbage disposal Ipossibly).

Kers said...

Who's Kerstin? Don't you mean B.S.