Tuesday, August 21, 2007

1st Day of School

So...this is the funniest thing I heard all day today during our first day of school:

To preface, while taking attendance, I asked if anyone had seen "Amanda" in any of their other classes or if she had been absent all day. One of her peers said, "Amanda won't be here until Monday." It seemed to me that the first 4 days of school were a lot to miss, so I asked, "why not?" Her peer said, "Her mom only lets her start school on a Monday," as if it was the most normal answer in the world. What more can you say after that?

4 comments:

Brenda Rae said...

We had a new kid come today that had never registered and never been in our building but just got on the big yellow bus as it drove by and came to school.

Mikele said...

Oh, I miss school.

Kers said...

My Mom only let me start after Labor Day :)

Astraea said...

I'm thinking mom must be A LITTLE OCD....