Wednesday, August 15, 2007

oops...

So, all summer I have been used to being the only car in the driveway, because Lee leaves for work well before I leave the house. So last night, I was rushing to get to Bible Study my arms were full and I was just trying to make it to the garage without dropping something. I put the car in reverse and laid on the gas. All of the sudden, I felt a jolt. When I turned around, sure enough, there was Lee's car. Oops.

So, like any punctual person I put it in drive and left. I didn't want to go back inside and explain it to Lee and get into how stupid it was and no I didn't look...so I left.


It could have been much worse. You have to look for it to see the dent, right?


The damage to my car was limited to a scratch on the bumper.

After Bible Study, my mom told me to call Lee and tell him I was in the emergency room and that they might have to amputate my leg, and then say not really, but I hit your car. She also reminded me of the time she forgot to put her car in park in our old driveway, and her car rolled into the garage and out the back. Oops.

Lee was as nice as he could be. I kept reminding him that it was an accident and "we" don't get mad about accidents (that's what Nanny says). He just said to remember this next time he did something stupid and I was tempted to freak out.

6 comments:

mini and brother said...

I was worried about The Bev. To I can't see a thing on either car. Sorry that happened. Sorry we're all related and we do really dumb things...dangit.

Anonymous said...

Shoot! That's a bummer. I love Nanny's advice. And I love that you were concerned about punctuality because I'm a little bit that way too.

Kers said...

Ok - Lee must be the nicest husband on the planet because I don't think Thad would have taken Nanny's advice on not getting mad at accidents - especially when it comes to new cars :(

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

I would sue the pants off him....take him for everything he's got! Doesn't your neck hurt a little too? Oh, and you might need to miss a couple days of work to "recover", right? If you need representation....call me.....I watch a lot of Judge Judy.

Mikele said...

I'm so surprised that I haven't done that myself yet...

Mindy said...

Something similar happened in our driveway when a neighbor parked her car right behind someone's big truck without his knowing it . . . :)