Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Champion of the Region

Lee began coaching a 3v3 soccer team not too long ago. This summer, his girls (all 11 or 12 years old) played in three local tournaments. The best they placed was second. But, placing second qualified them for the regional tournament. The regional tournament took place last weekend and his team beat teams from all over the Midwest. In the semifinal match they beat the Kansas City Impact and in the finals they conquered the St. Louis Starburst.

As if winning regional wasn't enough, it also qualified the team to play at Nationals. By the way, did I mention that Nationals are in January...in Florida...at Disney World? Also, did I mention that the team pays for flights, hotels and a car rental for Lee and I while we are down there? It pays to be the coach's wife.

Coach Lee in action...the pregame huddle. Did I mention that our team name is the Iowa Ice? I think it is because our uniforms are baby blue.

I think I might have been distracting the victors as Coach Lee and Parent Coach Arthur were trying to have a serious talk with the girls...Oops.

All of the girls are so sweet. One of the moms made the tanks especially for the weekend. On the back of each shirt is a different Disney princess. I wonder when little girls grow out of the princess phase? On second thought...I believe that was my goal two years ago when I got married; so I guess the answer is never, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Lee.

Makes a Father-In-Law proud!!

Brenda Rae said...

Wow - I know at least in STL that those are the top athletes!!! Way to go. I will be jealous from Iowa when you are in Florida. And I am sure you will rub it in that you are in the warm sun while we freeze!