Monday, August 27, 2007

Sick Addiction

I just want to start off by apologizing for anyone that I might offend. The comments of this blog are my own opinions and not necessarily those of anyone I am related to (although they might be).

I have a sick addition and I would like to come clean to all of you... I check the local hospitals' baby galleries solely to make fun of the names. I am not talking about ethnic or family names; those are safe from my scorn. I am not one for trendy names or "creatively" spelled names, but you might be. I am probably in the minority, but this is my blog so I get to share my opinion, right?

Among my favorite (Caucasian names) for August:
Coy (poor little girl)
Tytyn (pronounced Titan?)
Ainsley (what on earth is this?)
Kaydence (must be a drummer...)
Brilee (sounds like a dessert)
Jareb (dyslexic parents?)
Cage (need I say more?)
Harley (they are from Sturgis)
Izibell (we get it...your kid is unique)
Adicyn (we still get it...no one else spells it like you)
Pqxl (pronounced John...okay, I made that one up)

Maybe I just have a special place in my heart being a teacher and having to pronounce the names on the first day of school. Maybe I am just not a nice person. Maybe when I have babies people will make fun of my kids. Maybe I am just right.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caroline with a K seems strange to me.

Blog Stalker said...

touche'

Kers said...

That's why neither of my kids go by their real names. Who can make fun of John & Esther?

mini and brother said...

I must admit, I agree with you.

mini and brother said...

Karoline has to start with K if it's going to go with Kathleen and Kerstin. Get it... KKK

mini and brother said...

What would you say about siblings with the same middle name?

Mikele said...

I read "Adicyn" as addiction at first.

It's the Y that messes it all up!

Brenda Rae said...

You are hysterical. You would have fun in STL with all the names. Precious and Gorgeous were two of my favorite names.

Brenda Rae said...

I do agree about being a teacher and having to pronounce them on the first day. Then I never get them right and they yell at me all year.

How would you say Peterice?

Sarah said...

Ok, you crack me up! Ever heard of Orangejello (pronounced A ron jell o- only said faster) - yikes! That has to be my favorite. HOpefully I'm not being scorned by having a baby with a "different" name! :) Though, in my defense, it doesn't really seem different to me b/c I know someone with that name....we just spelled it different so we didn't have problems with people calling him Javaughn.

Have fun back at school! See you Sat morning at the Farmers Market??

Kiki said...

I just had to differentiate between my baby and cheese.

Unknown said...

I had a student who's name was "Philesha" but it was spelled "Quilesha". ?????????

Oh my goodness. This is crazy. Everyone is naming their kids last names these days. Izibell???? Really????? Are you sure you didn't make that one up?