Friday, September 14, 2007

I'm cute...Maybe

This year in my 3rd hour class i have a 9th grade student who has had a lot of medical issues. He has a large brain tumor which is currently dormant; he had a stroke in 4th grade which left his right side partially paralyzed. Despite all of this, he is the nicest kid with a great attitude; a real pleasure to have in class.

So...this morning I was writing something on the board and I heard a soft, "Mrs. R.?" So I turned around and walked over to said student. I knelt down next to his desk and asked what he needed, to which he replied, "You look cute today."

My heart almost melted as I said thanks and returned to finish writing on the board. I could not believe how sweet that little freshman boy could be. It was then that I remembered a key piece of information...he is mostly blind (100% blind in the right eye and can only see peripherally in the left). Then I laughed to myself at being complimented on my appearance by a blind kid.

So the question remains...is my beauty so great that you don't need vision to see it or do I look better blurry and with parts missing?

6 comments:

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

That's awesome.

Kers said...

I think he has a crush on his favorite teacher and wanted to say something sweet :)

Anonymous said...

What a precious kid!

Blog Stalker said...

I wasn't trying to be sweet, I was trying to be funny. I guess I'll have to try harder.

Brenda Rae said...

you've already made an impact after 4 wks!

Kiki said...

I thought it was hilarious!

Ehem, and sweet too.