Thursday, September 20, 2007

neighbors

The other day I came home from walking Petunia and I noticed a man painting my neighbors' house. The neighbor lady had been telling me for some time that they were going to be getting it done and now that time had arrived. I saw him perched atop the ladder and I knew I needed to act fast. So I ran inside to grab my camera (Sorry Blogyn, I left the holster at home for the walk). By the time I got back outside he was climbing down.
You might be asking yourself why this is funny, but don't worry I am getting there. I also noticed the painter's truck outside my neighbors' house. I almost laughed out loud when I connected the two. Here is the picture of his truck:
Again you might be asking, "Blog Stalker, what is funny about an old Ford truck?" To which I would answer, "Look more closely." For if you looked closely, you would see that the poor old painter has a handicapped license plate. Am I the only one that finds it odd that the man can climb a ladder and paint the second story of a house, but needs to park as close as possible to the grocery store door? I hope the humor is not lost.


So if that didn't make you laugh, picture me trying to perform a stealth photographic mission without my neighbors or their painter noticing. I was hiding behind bushes and cars and slipping unnoticed into the shadows...

8 comments:

Mikele said...

Oh, my gosh! Did you ever see my post a long time ago that featured my "handicapped" crown molding guy? It's a must see.

http://theblogofalifetime.blogspot.com/2006/11/at-least-he-didnt-die-in-my-living-room.html

Anonymous said...

Well I'm laughing my head off. Love it! I dare you to ask him what his "handicap" is.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's a tiny bit inconsistent, isn't it???

You are a photograph ninja. Job well done.

Anonymous said...

Things that make you go "hmmmm"? That was a song right? Tomorrow you might just see an ambulance out front...

Kers said...

Looks like a job for Case Manager Nanny!

Anonymous said...

Hey....I think he was a patient of mine. Need to see his face to be sure! Completely disabled........ (sad story)

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Between your "hospital web nursury" hacking skills and your hidden camera tricks.....You are practically a female Dog the Bounty Hunter.....minus the tats....and leather....and tackeling felons......but still....your bad ass.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.