Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What Not To Wear...

...the special 60+ version.

Last weekend I helped with an event Saturday morning. One of the first ladies to arrive had committed a fashion crime that many grandmothers have also committed. The dread tucking your shirt into your underwear. I know alder women think it helps keep things in place while also smoothing any lines, but it is only a liability.

This poor lady had no idea:
Sadly...it was much worse in person.
I didn't want to single anyone out, so I also noticed an older woman wearing an all white linen dress with a vividly white brassiere. Up here in the "North" we don't (AKA shouldn't) wear white after Labor Day. Just ask Emily Post if you don't believe me, or whoever her fashion counterpart is...
>

5 comments:

Mikele said...

No comment on the freakishly pink press on nails?

My mom still does that tuck your shirt into your "panties" thing. Check that - into her "white silk panties" thing.

Blog Stalker said...

Thanks for commenting, for a second I thought I had crossed the line and offended people. Phew...

Mindy said...

I wish I could have seen you taking these pictures!

Blog Stalker said...

I risk life and limb to take pictures of an old woman's underwear and i only got 2 comments? That hurts.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, old ladies get a pass with me. Now, take that camera to school with you and snap a couple shots of teenage girls baring their tire-sized midriffs and wanna-be ghetto boys with their pants falling off and I will be right there making fun... Tara (I was your sister's date to West Side Story)