Monday, February 11, 2008

Fun-filled Weekend

My husband, Lee, sometimes thinks he is still in great shape. He signed up to play in an indoor soccer league. His team signed up for the "Men's Open" (aka toughest) division. They are playing against teams that are made up of college guys and people who exercise often. His first game (and first exercise) was Friday night.

This picture is taken just before the collision. Lee and Mr. Orange Socks were guarding one another and got a little physical. Lee and Mr. OS were going for the same ball and Lee ended up doing a summersault forward over Mr. OS and the ball. Fortunately he caught himself on his left arm and not his head. He was back on his feet in a flash and looked to take it like an athlete. Only later that night did I learn that his arm was numb for the remainder of the game.


So, Saturday morning (my birthday) he couldn't rotate his arm or raise it very high, so a trip to the ER was deemed necessary to rule out any broken or chipped bones.

We got it x-rayed and the doctor said that there were no broken bones. The diagnosis was that he hd a contusion (a bruise). He is supposed to keep it elevated, immobilzed and rested...at least until his game this Friday night. He also has problems turning the steering wheel, closing the driver's side door, and buckling his seatbelt. I think he should make a full recovery.

I didn't really think much about it until Saturday night as he was taking off his shirt. I looked at his arm and it looked a little smurfy. It was blue and puffy from 6 inches above his elbow to a couple inches below. Yuck!

PS he said I could only post a picture if he was flexing...

12 comments:

Mindy said...

It may be just coincidence, but Glen usually needs a visit to the chiropractor after he works out the goalkeepers at Cono. :) He usually lets them take some shots at him too . . .

Kiki said...

That's hilarious, in a non funny injury sort of way.

Happy Birthday, I hope you at least got to go out to eat!

Kiki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Happy Birthday! Did you at least make the ER doctor sing to you?

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Unca Smurf

Mikele said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad he's well enough to flex...whew!

mini and brother said...

What a hot muscle picture. Is it hard for him to be married to a 29 year old?!

Brenda Rae said...

Happy Birthday! I am just glad that you remembered your camera on the holster on the way to the ER!

Brenda Rae said...

Happy Birthday! I am just glad that you remembered your camera on the holster on the way to the ER!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Blogstalker! Sorry about Lee's contusion.

Kristi said...

Yes, Happy Birthday! And that may have been the first time I've heard smurfy used in a sentence. Love it.

Sarah said...

Karolina... great to hear from you... let me just say - the baby bump is adorable!! And tiny... believe me, I could send some impressive pictures of my HUGE belly. At 20 weeks with twins, I was already the size of most women at about 30 weeks. YIKES! Good times :) keep in touch!!