Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

One of Lee's love languages is gifts. Mine is not. Lee is always very thoughtful. He thinks about an occasion ahead of time and comes up with something great. I am not like that at all. For example, this chair was my Christmas present. He went to four different stores and sat in every glider rocker he could find to see which one was the most comfortable. This is the one he decided on. He said he got the one with good padding on the arms and behind the head because he thought I would be falling asleep in it often.

He also has a belief that Valentine's Day is a day when boys get girls presents and not vice versa. I love him.

Did I mention that wrappting presents is not one of his strong points? So...we were on our way out to dinner last night and he ran inside to get my present. When he came back out to the car, he handed me this:
Ummmmm, I wasn't expecting beer for Valentine's, but...I was curious. Apparently he thought this box was good presentation as well as a good hiding spot. He had stuffed the box with recycling items and I never even thought twice about what was in it. It was just sitting next to our kitchen garbage can waiting for grabage day.
Fortunately for me (and him), there was not beer in the box, instead my favorite kind of box was awaiting me buried in the bottom. Hurray! He said he splurged because it would be the last year he would be able to spoil me.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Updates:

The bedding is not pink; the bedding it red. It is unisex. I tried to take a couple of pictures of the crib with the bedding. The pictures are an embroidered farm scene. So, no, I have no idea if I am having a boy or a girl and we are not going to find out!
Lee arranged the stuffed animals; can you tell? They are all sheep (minus Thumper) and the two sheepdogs have them herded them into the corner. Are we dorks or what? If you looks closely at Baaaaaaastard (he is the sheep on the far left. He was born at the Stonehenge gift shop and named on the spot), he is wearing my present from Tiffany's.
It is the silver bead necklace. I love it. Good thing my strangulation symptom has mostly passed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do we get to find out what was in the box? That's the same rocking chair that Mike got me when I had Lydia! You will love it...I have had many cozy nights in that chair with both girls...what a thoughtful guy and I love his Valentine's policy...

Kers said...

Leaving us hanging or just to embarrassed at his extravagance?

Kers said...

Oh - and is there some info you need to share because the gingham on that bumper pad sure looks pink and white to me.

mini and brother said...

WHAT WAS IT!!?!?!?!

Kiki said...

Wow, way to not wrap up your post. Maybe a picture just didn't get uploaded? Or your preggy brain didn't think we would want to know what was in the box?

Anonymous said...

You're having a girl???
Looks almost like a Tiffany box to me...

Anonymous said...

I am going to your house and LOOK unless I get a response within the HOUR! CST 3:18

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

A mystery Tiffany's box and a pink crib bumper? What is going on? I am dying. We are practically blog sisters...you can tell me anything. :-)

Kiki said...

I still don't see a picture. Am I missing something?