Friday, February 22, 2008

Prenatal Yoga

So, I went to try once again to "touch the peace between my thoughts," and a newer girl (kind of rough-looking with a tongue ring, but very nice and friendly. Did I mention that she was wearing jeans to yoga? oh yeah...and they weren't maternity jeans, just regular jeans unbuttoned and unzipped. I hope she had clean underwear on...) sat her mat down next to mine. We began chatting. She was explaining why she wasn't at yoga last week, and the reason was that she was in the hospital with "explosive diarrhea" (I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried).

As the story went on, the people in the ER thought she was in preterm labor and admitted her. They wanted to give her a shot of something to stop the contractions because she is only 7 months (and is showing less than I am, of which I was a little envious). She said absolutely not! She went on to tell me and others listening that she likes to do things all naturally. When she was giving birth to her first child, she had no drugs. She also said she kicked the doctor when she tried to approach her with scissors to prevent tearing. She wanted everything to 100% natural.

I am not one to judge; any woman can give birth however she wants. I myself plan to partake of any drug offered during delivery. I am even considering an elective c-section...we'll see. I guess I am not a natural girl.

So, she continued on about how horrible the on call doctor was in the ER and how poorly she was treated. She said, "Do you know what that lady had the nerve to say to me? She told me that the shot they wanted to give me was less harmful the the nicotine I already put in it. I couldn't believe she said that." She then said to me/us, "I know they aren't the best thing for you while you are pregnant but I still smoke a lot."

I tried to suppress my giggle. She had just been on a tirade about how she was a 100% natural girl, but then she tells us about how much she smokes. Do you think she understands how funny she sounded?

8 comments:

Kiki said...

That's hilarious and sad. More sad than hilarious.

mini and brother said...

So funny. Thanks for the play by play.

Anonymous said...

What in the world!?!

Anonymous said...

Please go to yoga next week, this is good stuff...

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

I agree with Tara, keep these stories coming! This yoga class could be a sitcom in the making!

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

I agree with Tara & Mrs Spice too bring on the stories!!
Oh by the way I'm all about the drugs too! I was dialated to about 2 1/2 and I said to the nurse doing my check "ummm that was a little tender" she said to me "do you want your epidural" Well shoot, I'm not in here for the fun of it BRING ON THE DRUGS....& I had the happiest delivery, really they shouldn't be as easy as mine was...THANK YOU EPIDURAL!! hahaha

Kers said...

I'm still mentally stuck on the part about wearing jeans to yoga. What did Namaste Sadie have to say about that?

Astraea said...

Maybe she smokes organic cigarettes...