Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Q and A


Q. What do these two people have in common?









A. If you answered bulging forearms, you would be correct.

This is yet another hand me down from our clotheshorse cousins (Thank you Amelia and Haddie). Katie was telling me how cute it looked on Amelia, so I thought we would try it. It is a woven shirt, not a knit. That being said, it does give or stretch at all. I put a onesie on the girl because it was cold outside and then tried to put our "new" shirt over it. It didn't go so well. I always knew we had some thunder thigh issues and even a little belly bulge, but who knew the girl had such large (muscular, I'm sure) forearms. Let's hope this is not where she carries her weight as she gets older.

It was battle; lots of yelling and struggling. Finally we got it on. It was a little tight, but who needs to bend their elbows? Seems a little selfish to me.

And at the risk of not being able to get it back on, we left it on for our afternoon nap. Poor girl. Maybe she has a future as an arm-wrestler...

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I found your blog through Kristi's.

I just have to mention, both my daughters (had)have Popeye forearms. My oldest daughter now has more "slender" forearms than when she did as a baby. She's 2 and she can now wear the wrist rattles meant for 3-6 month olds. I call them Lobster arms. So cute!

Beware PJ's from Target (I think they're Circo). They make their jammies with extra small sleeves. They are unreal!

Mikele said...

That red face says it all.

Kers said...

I thought it was just Haddie. I could never get the shirt to stay down over her belly. It must have been made specificly for that Mini cousin :) Oh I love her laughing face BTW

Jack and Sheryl said...

Hey Karoline,
I found your blog on Brenda Willis's, and it's been a long time since I was your high school counselor at EIBC, but I have loved watching your little girl grow. She is really absolutely adorable. I do have one question for you...how in the world do you get that bow to stay in her hair? I'm about to have my third daughter, and with our second people thought she was a boy all the time and it drove me crazy. If this girl doesn't have much hair, I would love to make it more obvious to people. Your daughter is very girly looking, though, so you don't have to worry about it! :) Anyway,I just wanted to say hi and tell you that I've been stalking your blog. :)
Blessings, Sheryl De Bruin Landham