Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Whirlwind Synopsis

Our crazy weekend began on Wednesday with a visit from Lulu's great grandparents. This is Grandma Gert with the girl.
Grandpa Bud with the girl.
Wednesday night Aunt Chunk arrived from Texas. Thursday morning we were anxiously awaiting her arrival. Aunt Kers was reading books to Lucia and Haddie.
Hurray! Aunt Chunk arrived to meet her newest niece. Chunk got her girlbaby time in since she is pregnant with her THIRD little boy. She said that Lulu can pick her favorite to marry...

Chunk and I left the babe with Nanny for an hour so we could go get pedicures. Chunk is more like Nanny than I am, so she got flowers to match Nanny. I went with boring (I prefer to call it classic) dark red for fall.
Thursday afternoon we went to have some smoothies at Nanny's favorite coffee shop. Lulu just wanted to be one of the big girls.
Nanny thought Lulu's gut looked uncomfortable, so she showed Lulu how she handled a little muffin top. I guess nanny thought it was better to pull them all the way up rather than cutting her off in the middle.
The side view of the front butt.
Papa and the girl hanging out.
Chunk's whole family has blond hair, but they accepted Lulu as an honorary member of the family anyway... Chunk, Grandma Sandy and Mindy let me crash the party for a little while om Friday afternoon.
Friday evening we were headed to the farm. Since both sides of relatives' visits overlapped, we all got together to cookout over the fire pit. We even had smores. Lee's other grandma, Grandma Helen, getting ready for our campfire out at the farm.
Lee's Aunt Lynn drove from South Dakota to visit.
The paternal great-grandparents. The little house with the red door is where Lee and I lived (rent-free might I add) for our first 1.5 years of marriage
By Friday night, Lulu was a little exhausted. She refused to eat for her mother, but finally settled down to drink a bottle for her dad.
Saturday morning we got up bright and early to spend some more time with Chunk before she left town to visit her brother's family.
I sure wish her face was cuter...
Saturday afternoon the relatives stopped by and hung out on the porch. I got a good four generations picture.
So, we got a little tired , but we got to see lots of people we love.

4 comments:

Kers said...

Great recap. The Sat. AM fat face is my favorite and of course cuddling 2 of my favorite girls for a quick read :)

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

How cute & what an exciting week!!

Carrie said...

Love the picture of the muffin tummy :) She sure has a sweet face!

Kiki said...

She is so sweet. Someday, maybe I'll have a little girl for her to play with.

I had so much fun getting to see you so much. Let me know when you want to move to Houston so we can be neighbors!