Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Animal House

So...my house can be a bit of a zoo at times. I have an 80 pound dog named Petunia, an 18 pound cat named Lord Helmet, and a 15 pound cat named Yoda. Most days I love them. They are so friendly; they always want to be with people. Most nights I enjoy taking a long crap-magazine-filled soak in the tub...so the animals join.

This is Helmet and Petunia also enjoying my bath time. Lee thought it looked like Tuni killed Helmet and laid him there. Also, what do you think about the baby blue shag on the bathroom floor? Who puts carpet in a bathroom?
This was Petunia waiting patiently for a bite of cookie.

Yoda is a bit more antisocial. She likes to be part of the family but watch from afar. I didn't want to leave her out.
So maybe now you can have a little more empathy when you see my wearing black pants sprinkled with white hair. Some days it is hard to get out of my house without a little token of affection from my animals.

Oh, and if you were curious...Yes, they all three sleep on the bed with us...

5 comments:

Mikele said...

Well, thanks for using "crap" and "soak" and "tub" in the same sentence.

I actually love that bathroom in your house - shag and all.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Now that you have made yourself known as a great pet person....I am shipping to you my 4 pound kitten that drives my family insane....She loves Iowa!

Anonymous said...

I hate pets.
The Middle Sister

Astraea said...

At first, I thought the pets actually JOINED you IN the tub...a picture I'm still struggling with! :)

Anonymous said...

Gross. I'm sure it's hard to imagine, but I've got a little OCD thing against pet hair combined with sheets. I still like you, though.