Sunday, October 14, 2007

Another Weekend, Another Wedding...

Two kids (22 year olds) from my church's youth group got married last weekend. I was a youth group sponsor when they were both going through high school. They have been best friends since middle school and sweethearts since 2003. She even waited while he went on a mission trip for 2 years. They are the greatest kids.

They didn't kiss until less than 1 year ago and so there was lots of kissing at the reception. I felt a little bit like a voyeur watching them.

This is my artsy shot of the centerpieces. Very pretty and perfect for the fall season.

Have any of you guys seen The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe? It came out in 2005. There were two characters in attendance at the wedding. This guy looks like Edmund (the Turkish Delight fiend) to me.

And the evil White witch.

Don't you think?

Lee and I enjoying the event. Don't worry, I got a new dress; but don't be surprised if I wear this same one to the weddings I have to attend on November 3rd and 17th. No more white for me.

One of the guests sitting at our table waited until the buffet line was dwindling and then ransacked it. He kept going back for more. Please notice the 3 full plates of food, 2 glasses of punch and 2 glasses of pop.

2 comments:

Kers said...

No video of the groomsman's toast? Thanks for the synopsis since I was the only person in CR not invited :)

Anonymous said...

They look so young and very happy. I can't wait to tell O that you saw Edmund and the WW at a wedding. He loves Narnia...you might be his new hero.