Thursday, October 11, 2007

Slacking

I feel like I have been slacking lately, so I was thinking of a funny story that happened before my bloglife began.

Lee and I bought a house last summer and moved in last September. I was packing up my clothes (not a small task) from the little house (that was our affectionate term for the house we were living in down the driveway from Lee's parents), and I was setting aside things to either sell at a second hard store or give to the Salvation Army. When we moved, I left that unwanted box of clothing until I had time to take it somewhere.

I got a call from my mother in law saying she had looked through the box and wondered if she could have a couple of the sweaters. I said sure. She also asked if my sister-in-law could look through the clothes as well. Again, I said yes. I was flattered that my in laws wanted to dress like me. I felt like a fashion goddess whom people wanted to emulate...

...until I saw my sister-in-law wearing a pair of my old jeans as maternity jeans! She was 5-6 months pregnant and wearing my jeans. I thought she wanted to dress like me and really she just wanted free jeans to accommodate her burgeoning baby-filled belly. Gone was my fashion plate status and I was left to be the same size as 2 people: my sister-in-law and her unborn baby. That one stung a little.

1 comment:

Kers said...

That's one of my favorites. What did she do with the jeans in January?