Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chicago

My sweet husband, Lee, surprised me by buying tickets to Wicked. If you haven't heard of it, it is a musical. It is the prequel to the events in The Wizard of Oz. So, we left for Chicago Saturday morning, hung out on Michigan Ave and just walked around.

Who is that good-looking guy, on that cute little bench, in front of that beautiful building?

Oh wait...I know him. I really just took the picture because I thought the bench and flowers were neat in the middle of town.



Later that night, Lee and began our walk to the theater. I tried not to take too many pictures for fear of being called a tourist and getting mugged. But I couldn't resist the Wrigley Building all lit up at night...and pink no less. How could I not take the picture? Trent would be so proud.

The musical was terrific. It was very well done and entertaining. I wonder how different the story would have been if it had been a prequel to The Wiz, instead of The Wizard of Oz...

We had a great weekend. Lee flew out East for business and I drove home. I had to go to my in-laws to pick up my dog. As I got off of the interstate, this is what I saw:

Just a couple of tractors drive down the road. It must be harvest season in Iowa. And yes..I did take these while driving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Chicago!!! I'm mostly happy for your fun getaway, but the teensiest bit jealous...

Ginny said...

I've wanted to see that, glad you enjoyed it!