Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Happy October!

My mother-in-law turned 50 last weekend. This is a picture of her blowing out the candle on her birthday "cake." If you can't tell by the picture, the "cake" is a Zookie. What is a Zookie, you might ask? A Zookie is a dessert from a great pizza place called Zoey's. They take a small deep dish pizza pan and line it with chocolate chip cookie dough. They bake it for 8 minutes and top it with ice cream and chocolate sauce. It is warm and gooey and wonderful. If you are ever in the area, you should try one. I will help you finish it.

Lance and Lee enjoying a laugh (at their father's expense) their mom's birthday dinner.


On a completely unrelated note, I didn't want the summer to end without taking a picture of my babies. I spent many hours with them this summer. This is "Heart of Gold."

My roses are still blooming because we haven't had a hard freeze yet.


This one is officially called "New Zealand." We renamed it Gandalf. Gandalf seemed appropriate because Tuni dug this one up and carried it around, but we replanted it and it came back to life. If you are not a LOTR dork, Gandalf seemingly came back to life in The Two Towers after "dying" in The Fellowship of the Ring. And...LOTR was filmed in New Zeaand. Duh!

This last beauty is called "Nanny Blessing." How could we not get one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful! I too am a BIG fan of the chocolate chip pizza...yum...

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Wow...a single tear just rolled down my cheek just for looking at that Zookie.

I love your roses...not too sure about the LOTB (Lord of the Boring)reference....but I like you so much...it doesn't even matter. :-)